Layout

Sunday 28 April 2013

Bunches of Love



A friend at work asked me to make a card for their mum - it got me thinking of how my mom would have loved it. My mom was really crafty - always sewing and patchwork. I didn't take up making cards until towards the end of my chemotherapy and sadly my darling mom died at the beginning of my treatment - I miss her so much. She would have really got involved with me making cards and buying stash - she loved butterflies and I think of all the cards I could have made her for her birthday or mothers day - but it was not to be.
I have used a gorgeous Mo Manning image - used pastel shades - as usual - even if I say it myself- it looks better in real life - more subtle and sparkly!!!
This card can be entered in the following challenges
mosdigitalchallenge - pastel shades
sugarcreekhollow - numbers and letters
qkrstampede - favourite things [pink - flowers-butterflies]
simonsaysstampschallenge - anything goes


13 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely, beautiful image and wonderfully decorated.
    So sad that you lost your mum at such a very difficult time for you, that must have been devastating. I'm sure you have lots of lovely memories, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is lovely :-) Im so sad to hear about your loss, I am sure your mum is looking down on you smiling seeing such beautiful makes :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card for your friend's Mum. I'm sure your Mum will be watching you craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and use of embellishments x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card and I am sure your Mum would have loved crafting with you, Happy memories though
    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Margrit, the image is very cute and all the details are fabulous.

    I am sure this was a difficult card for you to make, you have been through a difficult time and am sure your Mum has been with you all the way xx

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh absolutely adorable hun, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful margrit.stunning pretty image and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so beautiful, Margrit! I am so sorry to hear about your personal situation, but I am sure your mom would have loved your card. It is perfect like it is!
    I am so glad you joined us at Mo's Digital Pencil this week!

    Take good care of you.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margrit what a beautiful card love the delicate colours. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Love the soft colors! Thank you for joining QKR's Challenge this week.
    Ruza, QKR DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this...the colors are my favorite...so happy to see you at sch this week...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments